SULU, Philippines (Mindanao Examiner / May 24, 2008) – A Filipino salesman was reported missing in the southern island of Sulu after he failed to return to his budget hotel, police said on Saturday.
Police said Ricardo Cruz, a salesman of Del Monte products, was reported missing since May 21 by his two companions in Jolo town.
"And since then, he never returned. We do not know what happened to the salesman and Governor Sakur Tan has ordered us to exert all efforts to find out what really happened to the salesman and we are all worried here," said Sulu police chief, Senior Superintendent Julasirim Kasim.
Kasim said they are investigating whether Cruz, who had collected payments from traders, had returned to Zamboanga City where he is based. "Cruz left his two companions in their room to collect the payments from traders and since then had never returned," he said.
But Jolo police chief, Inspector Usman Pingay, said the duo told investigators that Cruz had told them to stay in their room while he collects the money.
"We are still investigating this case. We want to establish the motive behind the salesman's disappearance," Pingay said.
Last year, a Filipino Muslim engineer, Morced Tagitis, who was working for the Islamic Development Bank was reported missing in Sulu and feared kidnapped, but police later found that he returned to Zamboanga City without informing his companions. (Mindanao Examiner)